Wednesday, October 5, 2011

watch yourself

I'm going to generalize men and women for purposes of this post... I really hate to, but I find it necessary specifically to prove a point. (also, I started writing this a while ago and just came back across it again today.)

it all starts at the very beginning. Ladies: don't chase a man. don't pursue a man. stay in your place at all times and let him be the man that he was made to be. Prov. 18:22 clearly says that when a MAN FINDS A WIFE... not the other way around. I truly believe that he has to come and get you in order to fulfill that "hunting" instinct that they have. we have to work for anything worth having in order to fully enjoy the fruits of our labor. if you were an easy catch, there was no labor involved. which is why it's so easy for them to drop you and move on to the next easy target. you wouldn't be so quick to drop and leave something that you worked hard to get and that you had to sacrfice something for.

I was being reckless while talking to my on-and-off again boo the other day and he finally had to cut me off. he's never been rude, but he politely sent me a text message that said "don't forget who you're talking to. I'm only reminding you because you get out the pocket sometimes and I have to let you know who's really running sh*t". (SN: I'm not gonna break his heart by showing him who really runs sh*t LOL, but the point was to let me know to shut the f*ck up and I got it, real quick.) a real man isn't going to let you make him feel any less than what he is. if he does, trying to make time for you to get it together, it won't be for long. even my kids' father, who as far as I'm concerned is good for nothing, will hang the phone up on me before he'd ever let me tell him how "good for nothing" I find him to be. and the guy that I talked about in this post , told me once that he did not "allow" women to talk to him any ole kind of way. this was in the middle of an argument that I eventually walked away from. while I was not going to sit there and let someone tell me, a grown ass woman, what I am and am not "allowed" to do, once again I got the point.

on one hand, I am proof that sometimes we as women are placed into a man's role thru no fault of our own. however, when you meet a man who is willing to step up to the plate, please let him be the man. I long for the moment when I can finally be someone's helper and not the head. and if my kids' father ever gets his life straight and decides that he is finally ready to act like someone's father, then I'll step to the side and let him take his place back (this is, of course, dependent on him actually getting his ish together). let's be clear that that applies to their lives and not mine LOL. that dude will never again claim me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment