Friday, December 9, 2011

friends for life

my circle is incredibly small. I trust very few people with my heart, my personal business and most importantly my children. I can count on one hand the people that I truly consider my friends. family doesn't count, cause I love all of y'all. even if you've done me dirty. I just won't talk to you anymore LOL, but I'm serious. acquaintances come and go and that's fine. everyone isn't meant to stay in our circle forever. hopefully, whatever purpose there is for them appearing in our lives gets fulfilled and everyone keeps it moving and there are no hard feelings.

so let me tell y'all about my long lost friend who I recently reconnected with. we used to hang tough in high school. we were inseparable. never dated; just besties. school ended and we lost touch for about 10-12 years, but suddenly we find ourselves back in each other's circles and I swear it feels like we have't missed a beat. (SN: this is how you know who your true friends are. I don't have to speak to you everyday or be all up in your face all the time just to ensure that our friendship is genuine or that you have my back. life happens but I'll be here when you need me.) facebook seems to be the root of all evil (LOL) and I have since deleted my account, but imagine my surprise when I saw him comment on a mutual friend's status. "OMG! what have you been up to? how old are your kids? where have you been?" it seemed like I couldn't get my questions out fast enough. all of my memories involving him flooded my mind and I couldn't wait to see him again.

so we've hooked up a couple of times since and have plans to see each other more regularly from now on. the energy he gives is amazing, there's never a dull moment. I love the way he's so open to just say "grab the kids and we can all go". my kind of guy ;) except for the fact that he's my friend. y'all know. that friend of the opposite sex who you'll never cross that line with. It's quite refreshing to spend time with a man who has no ulterior motives for seeing me or spending time with me. a man who lets me be me, and is himself at all times. no need to try to impress the other, cause it ain't even like that. hmmm, didn't even realize how much I actually missed him...

No comments:

Post a Comment