are people even monogamous anymore? is this even a question that comes up? do you even care if the person you are sleeping with is sleeping with someone else?
this has always been an issue for me because I simply don't believe in giving my goods up to just anyone. and I am sure as hell not (knowingly) sharing the person that I sleep with. the thought of it is repulsive to me. like, so you're doing with her what you were doing with me the other night? oh, she had her mouth where I usually put mine? oh, word? this n*gga must want to die in his sleep. No, I have not been head-over-heels in love with everyone I have slept with. not even close. but if you got that far with me, there was some type of rapport, we've spent time together and I deemed you worthy. this is not about jealousy or being insecure. this is about mutual respect for the person that you are engaging in this extremely intimate act with. and the disgust that I would feel knowing that you had been in someone else's arms is much greater than any orgasm I could ever have. real talk. other folks don't seem to care tho...
take my co-worker for example: he's married and has a lovely family. at some point or another, he decided that his wife wasn't enough for him so he started f*cking around. I think his rotation currently consists of 4 women plus his wife. once he came to work on a Monday bragging about how he had slept with a different woman every night of the past weekend. my question to him is "don't you think that the same way these chicks are messing with you behind your wife's back, they're probably messing with someone else's husband too?". he doesn't seem to really care and has told me that as long as his wife isn't sleeping around, then he's good. seriously?
an old acquaintance of mine had a child with a guy that she would only refer to as her "friend". friend? really? so we have kids with our friends now? is that how it is? and after their child was born, he continued to just be her "friend", which basically means he was just breaking her off. and probably someone else too. I don't care too much for titles but I'll be damned if you're screwing me and you refer to me as your "friend". sh*t. just say "this is (insert name here)", but don't do me like that. granted, we're not always in serious relationships with all of the fellas that we sleep with, but damn.
a long time ago, I used to get broken off by this guy. it lasted for a while. and while that is not normally my thing, I didn't feel like being in a relationship. my kids father had recently broken my heart and while he wanted me to share him with his new chick, that wasn't going down either. anywho, my point is that even though that wasn't officially my boo, I would have never knowingly shared him with anyone. I say knowingly because we don't always know, but if I ever find out we're done. my kids father was screwing this chick behind my back for about six months before I found out. when I did find out, I spoke to her (when I called him and she answered his phone), and I told her that I didn't know what he had told her but I was going to tell her the truth. when I told her that he and I had been in a relationship for several years, had two kids and lived together, she brushed me off and basically told me that now THEY were together and that she knew that that would never be her. he loved her too much. LOL. b*tch, I thought the same thing too. she didn't care at all that we had been sharing him, she figured that she had "won" him and that everything would be all good after that. *shrugs* stupid broads.
my personal feeling is that protection or not, it ain't going down like that. and if you feel like it can't be done my way, no worries, because it won't get done at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment