Friday, August 19, 2011

worst dates ever part 1

ok, so this may not be the worst one ever but it definitely stands out the most. the worst part is that I had several with the same person; yeah, I'm hard-headed like that. anyway, I just read a post regarding someone's worst date ever and it made me shake my head at my own story.

so this guy is younger than me, and we grew up in the same neighborhood. if he is reading this, sorry but I promise I won't mention ur name LOL. anyhoo, we saw each other at a get-together for someone that we both know and he kept flirting with me. as the night went on and I got tipsier and tipsier, I started flirting back. a few days later, I saw something he posted on said mutual friend's page on FB and sent him a friend request. like I said, we already knew each other and I didn't mind flirting some more. so we hit it off, exchanged numbers and all that other good stuff.

so one time he tells me to come meet him at his mom's house in Wheaton. um, I live in DC. but I went anyway. so we're sitting in my car on a hot ass day and he says "hey, I would really like a slurpee", so I say "that's cool, let's go get some". we get up to 7-11 and, me being considerate of the fact that I make at least twice as much as he does, only get a small. he gets a medium and I grab a bag of chips. when I approach the register, he's reading a magazine and I advise him that it's not polite to read the magazines unless you are actually going to purchase it and he shrugs it off. he continues to read as they ring it all up and the cashier does indeed ask if he's going to purchase the damn magazine and he says no. the total is $3.66, several seconds creep by and no one moves. he finally opens his mouth, without looking up, and states "oh, she got it." shock is the only word i can think of to describe what I was experiencing at that very moment. not one to act a fool in public, I quietly opened my wallet and pulled out a $5 bill. the cashier, a chick, looks at me and shakes her head and says "no, he needs to pay for u". my mind screamed "yes! someone who agrees with my views!" I also felt a lil ashamed that someone else had to stand up for me but I digress. this fool finally looks up like "huh?" and the cashier continues, "you shouldn't make her pay for this, men should always pay". her co-worker (a guy) cracks a smile and says "no, sometimes the women can pay".  finally, I chime in, "no, I agree. the guy should always pay." (especially since my dumb-ass drove all the way from DC, and we ridin' in my car but I try to be nice even when dealing with an a-hole) he shrugs it off again "I ain't got no money". because I refused to be humiliated any further in front of some strangers, I finally let the sh*t go and paid the damn $3.66... mutha-f-er... and he still wonders to this day why I don't call his cheap ass.

2 comments:

  1. LLS @ anyhoo...i been finding myself saying that alot lately

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last guy I was with hated it, LOL. but hey, I can only be me :)

    ReplyDelete