Friday, October 28, 2011

someone like you and you and you...

first let me say that I love Adele's "Someone Like You" but moving on...

it has often been said to me that I am the only one to blame for my single status. that I find fault in everyone and everything. that I get annoyed. that I get bored easily. that I don't consider anyone good enough. but more importantly, that I am very unforgiving. (that part is only true if I've given my heart and someone misused it. other than that, if I sense BS, I just don't want to be bothered. no forgiveness needed. I'm out, plain and simple.) some of this I can admit to. but hey, why should I settle? the truth behind the title is that the only way I would ever be truly happy is if I could piece together my favorite features/characteristics of past boyfriends/lovers to make the perfect man. yeah, yeah, it's impossible but let me dream a little LOL. let's go over some of my favorites, shall we?

E who is chocolate gorgeousness!!!! his smile, his swag, that NY accent, that look he gives me, the only person I've ever met that gets the panties without hesitation. biggest freak I've ever met. I don't care where we are in our lives, we always find our way back to each other. *whew* he's 5'11" of perfection, has a great job and is working on his MBA. he loves me and the kids. always calls me his Honduran queen. and yes, as corny as it sounds, he's always super sweet. all of that, and it's still never a good time for us to be serious about each other. that's 6 years in the making. too long, if you ask me for us to still not have figured this out. ok, moving on. 

K who is packing like no other. I swear that thing is laced with crack. he treats me good, mainly because I've trained him to. I don't know who the heck was dealing with him before, but he's gotten a lot better nonetheless. we used to be besties, but because of the relationship that became limited. we're complicated together. we're both stubborn and hard-headed as hell. not really a freak, but I think that's because we haven't fully explored each other. he works a lot and never really has time for us to do a whole lot, or won't make time. I prefer to choose the latter. I'm always welcome to come over and hang out, just as long as I'm not interfering with football. he has a great job as well and loves kids even though he's never met mine.

A who was the first person I dated after my kids' dad and I broke up. nicest guy I've ever met. always pleasant. always willing to bend over backwards to help me out because that other nigga had carried me. he let me drop him off at work and keep his car when I didn't have one. gave me money for rent and bills. added me to his cell phone acct. damn... like most nice guys though, I did his ass wrong. I was in a messed up place and he came along at the wrong time. I took advantage of his niceness and ended up carrying the shit out of him. my self-esteem got a lil boost (after B had killed it) and I started seeing other dudes behind his back. I had some nerve. he didn't deserve that from me. *shrugs* I lost touch with him and never got to apologize.

those are the main ones that I can think of right now. I guess they stood out the most. if you're reading this, have dated me before and didn't make the list, I'm sorry. but not really. you just didn't make the cut, plus I didn't want to drag this post out any longer. ladies, I know y'all feel me. have heterosexual men - who have decent-sized Ds, can maintain a job, can hold an intelligent conversation, don't have 19 baby mamas or a wife (!!!), and will hold the door open for you - become extinct? they might have...

No comments:

Post a Comment